Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Finish!

Happy Friday! My finish for this week is this awesome neon chevron bag! Earlier in the year I wanted to make a new bag and I bought some heavier canvas type fabric but then never got around to making one. Then Dana of MADE posted some neon bags! I had to make one! I even had to make a trip to Joann's when it was about a million degrees out to get some webbing for the handles, now that is dedication!

 It's a terrible picture but you get the point.

I didn't really follow the tutorial as I already knew how to make a boxy bag (my Mama taught me) and I've done the freezer paper stencils before. I found a great printable chevron pattern HERE. I printed out two and then taped them together and traced it onto the freezer paper and cut it out. I bought regular acrylic paint and mixed it with fabric medium according to the bottle. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I really like it and want to make another one :) Maybe a wallet or a zippered pouch to go along with it..The possibilities..

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Chevrons are a great choice - I really like the bag you made. Orange and blue are one of my favorite combinations, too!