Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crafty makes me happy!

Here's my question, does anyone else feel better when they've made/completed a project? It makes me happy. Gives me a sense of accomplishment for the day. Sort of like, if I don't do anything else the rest of the day at least I did something. Here is what I made.
 Outside is blue fleece
 Backside is some red stripe I found in the basement
Here's what they look like against each other
This is a bed for the cat. I have an old cat (at least 14 years) so I thought she might like something warm and soft to sleep on. All I did was cut out 2, 22 inch squares. I dug the red stuff out of the basement and there was just the one piece so I had to add a strip on the side to make it big enough. I put a small piece of cheapo batting on the back of the blue fleece and quilted a square and an x.  Then I sewed them together. I used some stuffing from a pillow that I had and washed and it got lumpy so I took most of it out, it looked like dreadlocks, very strange. I put some velcro on one side so that I could take out the stuffing and wash it. Not that it really matters because the stuffing was so weird anyways.  Will the cat use it? Probably not. But I'm going to put it in "her spot" and see how things go. She is so strange because she has a hard time using things I make for her, they must not smell right (either that of she thinks the things I make are crap..)... Anyways, took me about 2 hours and I everything I used was stuff that's been sitting around for a while. It's not something that I had on my "want to make" list but I feel bad for the old girl so it was a sympathy project, Hhaha! I feel like I'm on a roll today. I have all my stuff ready to make the boxy pencil pouch so maybe I'll start that now. Yippee for crafting mojo!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm with you, I love the feeling of finishing a project! And when I make it from things that are in the stash, it's even sweeter. As it gets colder, she may like the fleece, you just never can tell. (Unless, like you said, she thinks the things you make are crap.) I on the other hand, think it was a great idea.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOL! Or she thinks the things I make are crap. OH. I so needed that laugh today. Thank you!