Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Monday!

Well hey there! Did you all have a great weekend?? Did you all get a whole lotta craftin' done?? Before I tell about my weekend I have to say "HI" to Jen, she is my 7th follower! Yippee! Thanks Jen! My weekend was pretty good. Friday I got to go out and spray paint my stencils! It was pretty fun. I can't really mention where it was or anything but I got to play with spray paint and ride in the back of the B/F's truck. I think I did like 20 of them. It was kinda windy and my left hand was totally covered in candy apple red paint! Plus I got paid pretty well for my work :)
I did get one project done, my boxy pouch. It was pretty fun and simple to make. Plus, it's super cute!


The outside fabric is some little birds (which up until now I thought were chickens). The inside is just a pink fat quarter. I bought both at Joann's a long time ago. It's about 7.5 inches long and 2.5 inches tall. You can't see in the pics but I did some covered zipper ends, something that I've had a hard time using. I figured out that the reason they weren't working was that I wasn't making them wide enough. By the time I'd sewed the side seams they would disappear. So I shortened up the zipper and made the ends a little bit wider, that way when I sewed the sides it would just catch the edge of the zipper ends. I didn't do much other than that, I was sick yesterday so I laid in bed for most of the afternoon.
I didn't use one tutorial in particular because I've been looking at these for a while but here is what inspired me to get it done! I added the sip tabs, made it bigger, made the loops smaller, sewed it together a little differently and I did not clip the corners (when I turned it they naturally laid to the outside so I left them)
The past week in MN has been chilly. I won't call it cold because 50's is not cold, 30 below is cold! Last year I made some wool slippers and they were OK, the B/F even wanted a pair. I decided to make some out of fleece. I really love them! I have a cold foot problem, we live in an old house, with wood floors..bottom line is that sometimes, especially in the morning and after if gets dark, it is cold in the house. I've been wearing these babies for 3 days!
Yep, that's blue camo. I originally bought it to make pants for my nephew, which I did. It's really nice stuff. I have a good amount of fleece, not super big chunks but just 1/4 yards. I might have to make about 20 pairs of these so that I don't have to wear the same pair all the time. If anyone wants the tutorial/ patter I used (but changed to fit me) let me know and I'll find the pattern and post the link. I'm going to link up to Manic Monday over at SewHappyGeek! Have a great Monday everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

Your boxy bag is too cute! This is one of the Many things on my want/need to make list.
It gets pretty cold here in Co. too. My feet are always cold in the winter,sometimes even in the summer too! But I have a super nice pair of boot type slippers that help to keep them warm :)

Karen said...

Very nice little bag. And the slippers are great. I love fleece in cool and cold weather. So soft and comfortable.

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Love the bag - its super super cute!!!

The shoes are adorable too!

tink's mom said...

great bag. thanks for the clarification on the end covers of the zippers. I haven't tried that yet but it gives a great finished look.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

The bag is super cute but I'm more interested in the fleece slippers. My SIL would LOVE several pairs for Christmas! Can you tell me thhe pattern please?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh and HI back at ya! :)

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

I've wanted to try one of these boxy bags too, yours turned out super cute! And don't you love using fabric from the stash, I know I do :) Thanks for linking up with Eat, Grow, Sew, come on back!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute your B/F wants a pair too! He must love when you make him stuff.

I know I am late in reading, but hope your weather was better this weekend.