I'm sorry that the pictures are so terrible but when it gets dark at 4pm it's hard for me to get pics. I'm going to try and take some more tomorrow, but these will have to do for now..
Front with elastic strap.
Pocket in the back.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Do you guys ever have a project where you are just kind of winging it and you aren't sure if it will work out or if it does work out if it will turn out? This was one of those projects.. I'm not always so great at making things where you have to measure and be totally spot on so it will fit (that's why I make bags/pouches) plus, I don't always have confidence in myself. I found a few great tutorials out there, I used this one the most. I liked the fact that it wasn't two full layers just one piece to cover up the wrong side of the outside fabric, plus it was pretty slick. I finished it all up and put it on there and was like "holy crap, it actually fits and it looks cool".
sketchbook measures 6.25 x 8.5 inches.
Fabrics: Dark grey is Kona Charcoal, light grey is Kona Medium Grey, Skull fabric is from Hancock that I got for 80% off before Halloween (ended up being like less than $2/yd), and the blue is also from Hancock but I don't know what it is.
I did have to glue a piece of cardboard to the front because it was just heavy paper on the front and I didn't think that would be rigid enough. If anyone has a burning desire to make one and you want any other details just leave me a comment and I will get you any information you want :)
Tomorrow I'm going to show you all some beautiful handmade soap that we ordered up! That way I can take some better pictures when it isn't dark out. I'm pretty excited to share it with you guys :)