Hello everyone! I'm still here. Just as a side note, anyone else having issues with blogger tonight? Took me a couple of tries to get to dashboard and a few more tries to get to a new post page.. I better make it worth it huh?
First up, last week I didn't get squat done. Oh well! I've gotten one thing done so far this week and I'm very close to getting a Christmas present finished (whoo hoo). I made the circle pouch from Erin's tutorial.
Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving?? My eating schedule was all messed up for like 2 days, plus I felt like I was eating all day on Thursday. And ever since then I feel like I've been eating like crap.. leftover pie and ice cream, brownies, cookies..plus if I don't have that sweet I just keep thinking about it.. I really hate that, and I don't usually eat that much junk.. tonight I buckled down and had an apple instead of the junk
(1 me- Junk 0). After Thanksgiving I needed to use up some leftover turkey so I made up some little pot pies.
1. Get some cooked turkey or chicken, cut it up.
2. One can of cream of chicken soup, put it in a pan and add some milk. I added maybe 1/2 cup, just enough to make it more like what's in a pot pie but not soupy (I didn't measure). Cook it for a bit.
3. Add the meat.
4. Add some veggies, I used what we had in the fridge, carrots and peas. I cooked fresh carrots but you could use canned (drained) or cooked frozen.
5. A tube of dough, I used the croissants but you could use the biscuits too. I separated it into 4 pieces, this would be two triangles smooshed together. Flatten them out, maybe like 1/4 inch thick. Make it big enough to line the tin and have some hanging over .
6. Get out your giant muffin tin (or regular one if you don't have the biggie). Oil it up with something so they don't stick. Put your dough into the muffins.
7. Once your soup/meat/veggies are all heated up, scoop it into the muffins. This made 4 because there were 8 triangles and I paired them up so that makes 4. I had no left over pie mix. Then you just flop the corners over the top and make sure there is a little hole there for the hotness to come out.
8. Bake them according to your dough. Since everything else is cooked you don't have to worry about the other stuff..
9. Then eat them up. These went into the freezer so I don't know if they are yummy but I mean you can really make them taste bad. I'm not sure how I'm going to cook them after taking them out of the freezer, but I'll figure it out.
Last up for tonight, I found (again) a lovely blog called Pink Stitches. I'm not sure even how I found her, maybe from another blog (remember how I said I hop and then can't remember who/what/when etc.). She was having a great little giveaway for a $25 credit to a lovely little Etsy shop called As Hue Wish. Guess what?? I won it. I'm pretty excited because those wrist warmers are super cute!! She has a blog too, you can find it here. I had fun checking out these blogs the other night. I'm thinking about a necklace and some wristers or maybe two necklaces.. Yippee!!