Here are the insides.
Here's what I changed on these. The bird one started out with an 8x8 square (not 9x8). I cut my corner squares at 1 3/4 (not 2 inches). The black one is 7.5x8, and the corners are 1 1/2. I also omitted the ribbons on the sides because you don't really need them. On the black on I put the velcro at 3/4 inch down (not 1 inch). I used rip stop nylon instead of the laminate.
The first one I made pretty much according to the tutorial BUT I didn't sew the "flap" down because I didn't want to sew over the velcro. That part seemed strange to me, it says to put the velcro one inch down but in the pics it didn't look like it was the far down. When I did the black one I sewed the "flaps" down by just topstitching between the checked rows (some wavy and some straight as dictated by the fabric). This was a little bulky on the side seam but I just trimmed it a bit.
So there you have it. Maybe you'll make some, and if you do, let me know :) Happy Monday everyone!!