Thursday, March 13, 2008

Arghh..

Here is my deal for today. Things that bug me, well things that piss me off..
First off, I'd like to tell you about bowling last night. Like I said my team is in first place. The second and third place teams were tied in points. We bowl three games and each team can win a total of 7 points a night. Two points for winning a game and 1 point for total pins (after 3 games). So we wanted the 2nd and 3rd place teams to split the games because that way they would still be behind us in points. And we wanted to win all the points. Well. we DID win all the points. And the other teams DID split the games. So now we are 4 points ahead of the 2nd place team. All 3 of my games were good. 1st game I had a 148, 2nd game I had a 179 and the 3rd game I had a 122 or 128 or something like that, all above my average! So I was pretty happy when I left the bowling alley. Now onto that pissed me off. When you get to said bowling ally you have to walk up some stairs to get into the place, this mean you have to lug all your shit up the stairs (which I LOVE) and so I thought that I would be nice (my good mood and all) and hold the door for these 2 people who were coming up the stairs so I did, and neither one of them said anything to me, not even a smile or any kind of acknowledgement that I did them a F*$#ing favor. So, me being the person that I am, I said something to them, Like "Oh you're welcome" or "You're welcome for holding the door" I can't really remember. Why is it so damn hard to say thanks?? So just remember next time someone hold the door for you, they are doing YOU a favor and YOU should say something, or you just might get a response... I've done that 1000 times before and sometime, people hear me and turn around and say "Oh, thanks" and they get the death stare in return. There are 2 groups of people that always say thanks, and mean it. Old people, and people pushing wheelchairs. I like those people, they get it!
Moving on..I am now sick, again or still I guess I'm not sure if I ever fully recovered from the first time..lucky me! Well, I'd like to write about my hockey team for a bit. I love them, they are great, but they are playing like shit. And they have to really step it up. Or they will not be division champs, which I'm OK with but it'd be nice if they tried just a little harder. OK, I"m done.
On the flipside of that are the MN TWINS. They are only in spring training right now, but they've been winning the games, and that's cool. The only thing that stinks is that they have all these people that I don't know. I mean this is the time when they try out all of their people, so since I have to listen to the games, most of the time I don't know what team is batting until they say someone's name I know. Oh well.
I think I'm done now, so that I can get some stuff done. Not that I really care, but I should do something while I'm here. Have a great day, and remember tomorrow is Friday...

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think pregnant women and women carrying heavy children should be in the always say thank you category. I can't tell you the number of times people didn't hold the door for me when I was preggers. What dill holes. And now when I'm carrying the heavy child or pushing him in a stroller people STILL can't hold the friggin door! I just want to scream "Can't you see I'm trying to wheel this big ass stroller through the damn door that opens the wrong way and is damn heavy?!" Nope, heads up asses. That's people for ya.

Anonymous said...

You are such a hockey-freak!! (I mean that in an endearing way, of course.) I have never been to a hockey game. Sounds cold.

I feel the same way about holding the door for people who don't say anything in thanks -- a big *#&%ing pet-peeve!!

:)