Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finally..something..

Well, here it is, finally! I haven't been doing much of anything. I finally got around to making another skirt. I used the same waistband technique as I did on the green skirt a few posts back. It turned out pretty good after I initially did it wrong (big surprise there).

Then I made a bracelet, which I really do love. However, after I made it, it dawned on me that it looks like a garter.. It was such a pain in the rear to make though because my sewing machine musta been hung over from making the skirt or something. But I started that little bracelet at 9am and didn't get it finished until 5:30pm. My Mom worked her sewing machine majik and got it sewing smoothly again (for now).

I managed to do the bracelet in a half ass backwards way (another surprise). It worked but it would have been easier to do it a different, but now I know for next time! I really do think it's cute.
Other than those few things I haven't made anything.. In other news, I got a raise at work! Yippee! I was pretty excited about it.. I had my 1 year anniversary a few weeks ago, and no one said anything to me or anything so I was like ..Oookk...But then when I went to work last night there was a letter on the desk saying that I was getting a raise. It's a little thing, but I really do like where I'm working (even though I only work like 4-5 times a month) but this makes me like it more. I worked at my last job for 8 years, I went from being the receptionist 3 days a week to working in the lab everyday, I got one raise the whole time I was there. I got in on Valentine's Day, it was $1. I had been there for 4 years already.. I thought it was so great. I thought "Oh, now I'll get another raise", yeah right.. Let's do a little simple math. 1 divided by 4= .25 so I 25 cents for the 4 years I already worked there..that was OK because the first 4 years I didn't really do much, answer the phones (easy peasy). Now let's do some more math divide that whole $1 by 8.. that equals 12.5 cents/ year. When I worked at Target we got a raise every year, there were a few years where we got 2 because of cost of living increases and such. So I thought it was pretty crappy get one raise in 8 years. Maybe I should have asked. I don't know. I'm not thinking about it anymore. All I'm thinking is that I hope the economy picks up and the city that I work for has lots of money and they have to hire someone for some thing (meaning I could apply for something else and they'd hire me) or at least they would have extra work and I could do that. Well, today I'm off to pick the nephew up from summer school and then we will play and do kid stuff. Looks like it's going to be nice out for today at least, Weds is supposed to reach 100, and if it does it'll be something that hasn't happened in 23 years. 2 100 degree days in June. Here's hoping it doesn't get to 100 (since we all know I don't like to be HOT, and if you actually know me, you know it makes me whine-y).
I'm linking up to Quiltstory!

1 comment:

felicity said...

Your skirt looks awesome! Is it a refashion or did you start with yardage. In any case, I love it! Happy Fabric Tuesday and congrats on the raise...