Saturday, August 6, 2011

I won something!

So I'm pretty excited today! Here's why! For the past 3-4 weeks three great blogs have been hosting Stashtacular. Here are the wonderful ladies:

Jenna from SewHappyGeek
Spontaneous Threads (I don't know her name but her blog is great!!)
Kelly from Blue Bird Sews

Kelly even put a picture of my project up on her blog! Thanks Kelly!! I made Jenna's iPhone holder. I don't have an iPhone so I made it for my new camera. You can head on over to the Stashtacular Flickr page to check out what all the other people made. I'd never used Flickr before and I'm wishing that I would have named my pic because it only has the camera assigned number as a name.. Oh well. There will be a next time so I can make up for it then!

So anyways the reason that I'm excited is because at the end of Stashtacular they were giving away prizes! Now I've entered to win so much stuff on blogs. And I haven't won anything. This one I hardly did anything and I won!!! I won a Jelly Roll of my choice from The Fat Quarter Shop
How totally cool is that?

I also see that I have 3 (yes 3!) followers. This also excites me. I have a short list of crafty/cool blogs that I check everyday (sometimes more than once a day). This makes me want to try really (really) hard to be a better blogger. The thing of it is that my life is pretty boring. I mean I work so little and I'm not married, I have no kids, and I don't have a rocking craft blog. But I'm Linkgoing to try. I'm going to try and make a quilt from with my Jelly Roll, so that will give me something to post about. I'm also working on some bear boxer shorts for my nephew's bear Jethro. It's taken me about 4 drafts to come up with a pattern that is simple but still looks like boxers. He also wants a shirt for a little stuffed dog he has named Bingo. I'm pretty sure that I have a talent for taking something simple and making it about 500x harder/complicated than it should be. Maybe I just need to work on harder more challenging stuff?? Yeah, I didn't think so either. It's nice to not have to use my brain sometimes..on the flip side of that it's nice to actually use the grey matter once in a while...

I looked at a tutorial today about how to make blog banners in word and I kinda went through and tried it out. Seems like something I can do, so maybe I'll do that this week.
Well, that's all for now. Thanks again to the ladies for putting together some great tutorials and giveaways!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats! It's so much fun to plan something with your "winnings". You'll come up with a ton of ideas, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

The Sunflower Patch said...

Congratulations :) Just take a stroll around blog land and you will find all sorts of inspiration!
Thank you so much for your post on my blog,it means so much to me!
Good luck with the boxers and shirt :)