Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A shirt! Yippee!

This is the shirt I made. It's light grey, it fits and I like it. I only had to use two sewing machines to make it. I'm glad that we have two so that I could do it. I had to take the pictures of myself so it isn't the best picture but you get the idea. I'm pretty excited to make another one. I bought some purple fabric when I bought the grey. Because I had to drive to said store that was 15+ miles away, so I was all "what the hay, I'll buy two colors! 
I really am trying to come up with a design for the jelly roll... I have a bunch of drawings, mostly I like to draw so it gives me something to do, but it really shouldn't be that hard.. I would like to do something simple, but then I look at the ones that are more intricate and I think "Oh, that would be so cool!" But remember I have a talent for making things difficult. Do you think I could put that on my resume? "Proven ability to make simple tasks more complicated and time consuming than they need to be". Some how I don't think that would put me to the top of the pile.. 
Guess I'll just have to keep at it. Maybe I could comprises with myself and do something simple for now and then the next one I make can be a little harder. I mean I don't have to go all out right away..right? Even thought I really really want too.. The easier it is, the faster it will get done and I'll be less likely to get bored with it.. The last quilt I made took me a year to finish it. I went full speed ahead and got the top all done and had everything I needed for it and then I just got bored and stopped working on it! I did get it done though and that's all that matters...right?? 
I think that's all I have for now! Hope you all are having a great week so far!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your shirt came out great! Looking forward to see the purple one. I'm like you, I sometimes have Quilter's ADD on projects. Then when I go back to them, I think "Why did I stop working on this?"