Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's been eight days!

Well, its been awhile since I posted last and thats mainly because I've been sick...since SUNDAY (the 3rd) and I'm still sick. And mostly I've been feeling like shit but I've still been coming to work because this guy I work with is a total idiot (you all knew that already). But he is a type of person I like to call a "one uper" no matter what you have to say he's got one better. I said I was sick (last week) and he's all "yeah, tell me about it, I've been fighting off a cold". Then he called in sick Mon and Tues. Both days I could (should) have been home sick myself... Then he comes in my office to whine this morning about how he still isn't feeling well, so when I go in the lab to cover his lunch it might be messy. Well, its messy because you spend so much time talking and wasting time, that you put yourself behind, thats why you don't get anything done. And please do not complain about being sick for a few days and staying home when I've been sick for 11 days and still came to work, because get ready for this, I have work to do!!!
I'm not sure why it pisses me off so much. Maybe its because I'm tired of dealing with this guy's stupid crap. I mean its like he puts things into the works days in advance (like saying he was fighting off a cold) so that he can call in for a few days... And I mostly think he's a liar about stuff, and that makes me mad. Or maybe I'm pissed off because I feel guilty about calling in sick (eventhough I am sick) and wich that I would of last week because then I might not still be sick!!
I'm going to leave that alone now, because the more I think about it the more it makes me mad and I don't have the energy to be mad. But I guess I don't really have anything else exciting going on because I haven't done anything. I went to Wal- Mart one day and to Walgreeens for kleenex, and I've babysat a few times. I even skipped bowling last week because I just didn't have the energy. I'm going to go tonight though and see how it goes. Probably like shit, but then maybe then I won't feel bad about calling in...but I'm sure that won't happen. I've never called in sick to this job, and only 2 times when I worked at Target. I'd say that's a pretty good record. But what do I know. Well, if you've made it this far, then thanks for reading my rant. Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!! With that record, you don't have to worry at all about calling-in to work.

(That guy sounds like an idiot!)

Heather said...

The next time "the guy" goes on about being sick say "yeah, that's too bad. Good thing you didn't have the shits all night like I did." And keep a poker face. We'll practice tomorrow. You can do it. You are the best smartass I know!