Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bags!

So here are my pictures!

Bag number One!

This is a bag that I designed when I couldn't find a pattern. I searched all over and looked at bags you could buy or patterns you could buy and I was all.. "hey, I can come up with something like that" So here it is. It's meant to be worn across your body but the handle isn't so long that you couldn't wear it on one shoulder. This was also a stash buster. I bought this fabric to make a bag like #2 for a Christmas present. It can be reversed but it has a seam on the inside but NO raw edges. I've never had an bag like this before. I just used it recently and it was kind of nice not to have to hold onto it. The only thing this bag does not have is a closure. This was mostly because I didn't think about it until after I had done the top stitching.. So I just left it.

Bag number Two!

For this bag I made a pattern from a grocery bag. I love these bags. I also love to make them. They look so cool but are a snap to make. I use them for everything. And they hold a lot of stuff. The outside is basic quilter's cotton and the inside is heavier weight "sportswear" fabric which makes them nice and tough!

Well, I guess that's all I have for now. Blogger was giving me nothing but problems I had to CTRL ALT DEL 3 times and started a new post just to be able to post this. Seems like I remember blogger giving me problems before. But Oh well.
**If you see something you like let me know. I'm not 100% on prices yet but they will be reasonable. These can also be customized (bigger, smaller, taller, longer handles) and if I can make a freezer paper stencil, custom designs painted on the outside (names, initials...)







1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the new bag. And am super impressed that you designed it yourself. I also LOVE the grocery store style bag. I keep mine in the car and it comes in handy all the time. Like when we loaded up on books at the library. It's great for library books.