Thursday, March 10, 2011

Can bread make you sad???

YES! I was all excited to make some bread today. I had to get up early and so I wasn't doing anything at 9am so I thought "oohh, I'll make some bread and post it's beautiful picture on my blog. Yippee." I've never had this happen before. I've only made like 6 loaves this way. "This way" meaning I put all the ingredients in the bread maker and use the dough cycle. Then I let it rise and then throw it in a pan and let it rise then I bake it. Even loaf I've made has been good. Even the one that I let rise to long (not on purpose) and then smooshed it a little bit. Even that on looked better than this one...

I'm not sure what happened here, I let it rise and then put it in to bake and when I checked it about 1/2 way thru it was deflated. I was sad. That is how bread makes you sad.
On to other things. Like crafts! yea! They can also make you sad, but not today.

So I used the paper and pile of scraps to make this little coaster.

I don't know why the pic is turned but it is and blogger won't let me (or I don't know how) to change the orientation. But it's pretty slick how you make it, you just take good ol' Martha's log cabin template and sew the pieces onto it and there you go. You just use scraps. They don't have to be cut or the same size or anything. It was kind of fun to make. Then I added a little binding to it and blam-o done. Its polka dotted on the back. I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with it ( I do know what to coaster is for) but we do have coasters at my house. Really, I just wanted to try the paper piecing.

No comments: