Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So, what's a fob?

Well, I've had 2 comments on my post from the other day. Yippee! Heather wanted to know what a "FOB" was. I was wondering that myself. So, of course I googled it. Here's what I found..
According to Webster's
fob (verb): "a short strap, ribbon or chain attached especially to a pocket watch" or "an ornament attached to a fob chain"
Now, what the hell is a fob chain? Webster's has no answer to that one. But I guess we can all figure it out. So there you are my darling sister. Ask and you shall receive.
So on to other things.. On my crafty calendar is to make some quilted coasters. This is in an effort to use my "Stash". I have a love/hate relationship with fabric (and other crafty items) because it's so pretty that you can't live with out it, but then you look at it and think "ohh, that's so pretty. I should make something with it" and then the next thought is "But I don't want to use it all up..." Like how does that make any sense? You want it to make things with but then you make nothing with it because it's "too pretty" to use. I'm trying to get over that and just use the fabric. It certainly isn't doing anything tucked away in a container in my closet. I mean I can't even look at it when it's in there...
Another thing I've been working on is a chainmaille bracelet. It's pretty cool, time consuming. I started working on it last summer, and then quit working on it and then just started working on it last night. Maybe I'll post some pictures tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your notes! I'm sorry I did not know you were posting again... I will have to catch up! I wish I was more of a crafty person... hopefully if I keep reading I might get some of your talent!