Friday, March 25, 2011

Ooohh. The sadness! The madness!

Well, I started working on my project that was to be a tutorial.... I was taking pics of what I was doing and the camera batteries died.. Not a big deal.. Just put some new ones in. I use rechargeables and I didn't have any charged, so I sat around and waited for them, then put them in. Turned on the camera and I had a "memory card error"! I was all, what the fork! So to make a long story short all 400 of my pictures are gone.. so long, farewell.. 3 card recovery downloads and none of them found anything. I am so sad. I am so mad. The pictures weren't of anything life changing or big deals, not births, or once in a lifetime trips. Just everyday things. But there were some from last years birthdays and walking trips and birds and things like that. I'm mad because it was my own damn fault. And I should know better. So, I guess I'm just going to stew about it and be pissed.
On to crafty things, because that is what makes me happy. After the camera thing I never continued working on my project. However, I found something else that I want to make. I went to Wal-mart last night and found this cute peasant style top, with shirring around the neck and it has these really ugly tassel tie things, that look like they should be on curtains. Anyway, it's only 4 pcs. 1 front, 1 back, and 1 for each sleeve. So I'm going to try and make a pattern and make my own. The only thing is that I'll need to find some fabric. So I'll have to look for something knit that is 100% cotton. Not like t-shirt material though. And I need to find some to make a skirt. I found the easiest pattern last year (somewhere) and its basically a tube for the skirt part that you gather and then a band for the waist. This time I could just shir the waist and it would be even easier... So, no pictures for today. Not much of anything really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH no 400 photos!! That sucks. I'm sorry. I had a similar computer error at work where I lost a bunch of files. What is it about this week!

(I love peasant-style tops!)