Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A scarf....

That I don't really like...


 Reason #1: It's really short!
 Reason #2: It's kinda wavy, where I want it to be not wavy..
I like the look of the scarf, I like the yarn, I like the stitch. But I haven't "cut the cord" yet so I think I might take it out and start it over or start something new.. I used this tutorial to make it. It's not hard and it works up pretty fast. I made the mistake of starting with a foundation row of just single crochet. I should have just started it according to the pattern and then added a single crochet border after I was all done.  I used a smaller yarn and a smaller hook and it came out very short (even though I added some extra chains). My chain was originally a lot longer but the increases and decreases that you use to make the stitch really ate up the length. Oh well, I only wasted a few hours on it and since I can't really do anything the way the tutorial/pattern is written it's always a crap shoot if something will work or not.
Is anyone else still totally messed up from this sham called daylight savings time? I mean really, I'd rather go to work (if I had to actually go to work in the a.m.) in the dark and have it be light out when I got home then have it be light at 7 in the morning and dark at 5pm. I was really messed up for about 2 and 1/2 days.
Speaking of jobs I found out when I have training (or re-training) for my other job, it will be about a week and a 1/2. It's a good thing too because I need some money, especially since I had to spend $300 to be some new glasses and sun glasses. Any one else out there have to buy glasses, man I hate shopping for glasses! You would think that after 20 years of wearing glasses it would get better, but it doesn't (not for me anyways).

2 comments:

Karen said...

Like the scarf, a little longer might be better, but this way it will tuck into your coat and not create bulk. And I'm with you on the time change, it always messes me up. And don't get me started on glasses.....

Anonymous said...

oh boy just catching up! you have been busy. I really don't like how it is so dark during the winter when I get up and when I leave work. It sucks.

You have inspired me to try and make some ornaments myself! I might not be as creative but I'm going to try and buy some glittery stuff.