Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bowling fool? No just foolish bowling..

Hah, I came up with something sort of witty for my title today. Go me! Well, In case anyone cares the ball is cleaned and the nails are clipped. So I am ready to bowl, maybe I'll put my game face on, get myself pumped up to kick some ass. This week I would like to bowl all 3 games over my average (which is 116, it went up 2 pins last week with my two good games) so that it will go up a bit. However, I did forget the bowling ball in the car last night and then remembered it. And the nails didn't get clipped until this morning but thats because I really didn't want to do it last night and I had some "extra" time this morning. I say "extra" because I am supposed to be at work at 9am. On a good day when I am not totally behind I leave my house at 9. I am lucky that it only takes me 15 minutes to get here. But today it was 5 minutes to 8 when I got in the shower. This means that I am a whole 10-15 minutes ahead of "schedule" (awesome). I usually end up putzing or getting sucked into TV while I'm eating my toast and end up behind anyways. But today, if I hadn't clipped I would have been almost early. I consider getting here at 9:15am early.. As of lately its been like 9:30 or (don't tell) 9:45 when I get here. And I have a blister update, in case you were all just dying to know- it popped, or peed maybe. All on its own! And I'm pretty proud of myself because I'm kind of a messer- not so much a picker but just messing with it. I was just telling Mom last night that pretty much every time I've looked at this past week I wanted to pop it! But somehow it popped and I didn't even know it until I looked down and it was ooozing! It was a little gross, so I'll shut up now. Lets see projects, I don't have many (for once) I made Owen a scarf, which I find hilarious because he's only 17 months old, but its cute and I'm going to make him a matching hat, but I need to get some measurements first, and since he's only 17 mo old, these will be estimates using tools like my hands or saying something like "its about the size of -insert some toy or cup thats around" But hats are super fast and if its to big, he will grow and if its to small-its will stretch out. I'm not really concerned. I am also working on a fleece scarf for myself that has "secret" pockets in it. Its two layers and you leave it open in one spot so that you can put your hands in it. I love scarves, I have made myself lots of scarves, it really is amazing how warm they can keep you. It really keeps in the heat. I love making them and I wish that I could sell them to ppl (kind of like all the things I make) they are so simple and I love them, and I love hats I have tons of those too, ones I've made and that I have bought.. I like to have a new one (or two) every winter.. Maybe this year I will work on using up my fleece. I know that a local food shelf (they do other stuff too) are looking for hats and stuff to give to kids, and I would like to make some stuff for them, I mean if I can't sell the stuff I might as well donate it and at least someone will be thankful to have it. It really isn't about the $$ I could make anyways, its about the fact that I like to make stuff and see it get used or enjoyed. It gets kind of hard to make stuff when I have a bunch of it sitting around the house..Well, I'm off to go google the California fires, there are two bloggers that I know live somewhere in California (not sure of the areas) Kim and Lady L, so I hope that you guys are both far away from there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the coolest thing for you to give the hats, scarves etc. you make to that organization... so many kids will love and appreciate them! That is awesome. Wish I could make something like that.

Hope you have a great weekend!! oxoxo

(Luckily SF is quite far north of the fires... but I feel so bad for them!)

Anonymous said...

P.S. glad you are blister-free!! :)