Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just act like it doesn't matter...OK

Ok, so here I am. Yesterday before I went to lunch I was hard at work on writing a great raging post about work. Well, we went to lunch and then I didn't have time to post it. So, I just deleted it and I am replacing it with something else, which is this post. I can't guarantee that it won't end up being the same but I'm pretty sure that it won't be. Today I have something to be excited about, today after work one of the WILD players is going to be at the Holiday gas station a few miles from my house. And the B/F and I are going to go and try to get his autograph. I even got these signs that say "Reserved Parking" Wild fans only.. Its kind of dumb but for an autograph it will be cool, since it isn't fabric or wood the ink won't bleed or anything. This was the closest thing I could find to a poster. I don't really get "excited" about stuff but I like this kind of stuff. When you meet these people, you see that they are just normal people. I've met a lot of people actually, maybe not super cool or well known people but still cool. I could name them all off but I think it would only be interesting to me. I'm bummed though because you are not allowed to take pictures, this guy Derek Boogaard is 6'7" and I'm 5'2" (with shoes) so that would be the coolest pick. I'd be like eye level with his.... chest! or maybe his belly button..I'm gonna bring my camera anyways. I could take pictures of all the people that will be there. I'm not sure if it has been heavily advertised or not, I haven't seen it anywhere other than the web-site. I'm even leaving work early and skipping my babysitting job to go. I think I'll be sad if we don't get to meet him. He is kind of cute, so that would just add to the sadness..
I guess yesterday I was just so irritated with work, and I just want more for myself than being here. Not that its a terrible place to work and I know that I'd miss a few people, but it's just not what I had pictured for myself. My goal when I went back to school was to graduate and find something where I was using my degree. I don't think that is an unreasonable goal or desire. To want to use that degree that I worked for and paid (am paying) for. All this irritation and job confusion was compounded by my so called boss approaching me while I was on the floor in the shred room (of all places) to ask me if I was interested in a full-time, hired on position..To which I responded...After a short pause. "no, not really"..And maybe I screwed myself and maybe it was what I needed to get my ass in gear and find a different job.... Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like his question WAS what you needed -- seems like your reply was really your gut-reaction... You can find something that will make you happy (or at least, happIER) than where you are, I just know it. I hope you can look around!

Glad you might get to see your favorite player!! Hope you get his autograph!! :)

Heather said...

Or you could say "sure", take the job, and still find something else. It's not like you're old or anything!