Monday, November 19, 2007

Just another day....

SO, I'm back at work after having a long weekend.. In which I was productive but I also caught a cold.. But first let me tell you all about my wonderful shredding experience. Thursday I went to my sister's and we made hand turkeys and then the B/F and I had McD's for dinner. Then I went home and started going through my junk and managed to get one drawer pretty much all cleaned out and shredded..And then I broke the shredded. I'm not sure how I did it but it no shreddy shred anymore. And I was feeling crappy anyways so I was OK with having to stop. Then Friday my Mom and I went shopping at Kohl's, we had coupons and they are always having a sale.. And later on I had to go buy a new shredded and run some errands and go back to Kohl's since everything we bought was on sale. Now I just want to start by saying that Kohl's is like 5-6 miles from my house. And I was at Wal-Mart so it was only like 2 miles from there. It took me 25 minutes just to get the the place where I had to turn.. They have the main road detoured onto this other road and traffic was all backed up, it was horrible and then when I was finally done 2 1/2 hours later, there was an accident.. but was the cop smart and call for some other coppers to direct traffic?? No way! So it really sucked, it should have taken me and hour to do all these errands and go all these places, not more than 2... But then later on I got a bunch more of my crap shredded and organized. I have folders all set up for different things and I put all those in a file cabinet that Mom bought a while ago and I've never had the desire to spend the time going through all this crap. I still have one drawer left but I did something that I thought was pretty smart. I grabbed some rubber bands and then I just went in the drawer and pulled out a handful of stuff and put the band around it and I made 5 bundles and I'm going to grab one each day and then BAM it will be all done.
Saturday B/F and I went to the Mall and I did some early Christmas shopping, even though I declared a few weekends ago that I was shopping online for everyone. That way I wouldn't have to deal with stupid heads. Then on Sunday I was very sleepy and I did laundry and slept on the couch in between. I did finally get up around 2pm and got in the shower. SO it was pretty uneventful, but that's Ok. I feel much better today, just a lingering cough and feeling dry, but it's really dry at work so I try to keep up on the water.
This week is a short week and I love that. I have some wacky hours this week since people are gone so tomorrow I get to come in late and stay late, and Weds I have to come in brite and early at 7, but then I'm going to try and leave early.. But then its Turkey Day and I love T.D. Maybe its all the preparing (which I don't have to do ALOT) or maybe its just because the house gets all warm and smells like turkey.. hmmmm..turkey day.. Its different now than it was when I was a kid, the entire family doesn't get together anymore, and Gram and Gramp aren't around and stuff like that but I still like it. Even though this year it will just be Me, Mom, Uncle, and B/F if he decides to show up. I guess I'm not sure why he doesn't want to stay with his family because this year his sister and her clan are not going out of town. This will be the first holiday that his nephew has spent with thier family)he's 2 1/2, they usually go out of town. But anyways. I could probably ramble all afternoon about misc crap. But I'm going to go eat lunch. 11 days until I get to see my MN WILD play. Whoo HOo.. Ya'll have a great munday (like mundane) :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am getting a cold too - right before the holiday! Yay. Hope this Airborne stuff really works...

Enjoy your turkey-filled week! :)