Monday, June 4, 2007

mmm...mmm...monday!

Welp, its monday- again. SO let's see this weekend it rained a bit- so we didn't get a ton of stuff done, but I got my garden planted, I'm excited to see them come up! On saturday morning we went to the local compost site and got a 1/2 yard (that's all that will fit in B/F's truck) and then we dumped it into the bed (one load at a time, like I/we didn't haul enough the other weekend) then worked on getting it worked into the other dirt. Then I planted, 2 rows of peas, that don't have 6foot vines! and one row of beans. Later on we went to Home Depot looking for some kind of trellis or something for the beans to grow on.. SO we got this tomato cage thingy that you can snap together and then hooked that onto s couple of huge Shepard's hooks because it wasn't long enough the cover the length of the bad, so I used my brain to figure out something we had around, to avoid another trip to H.D. I love the beans they are so fun, last year they were very productive, I'm very hopeful for this season! Plus, I'm going to throw a pumpkin seed or two out into the wildness (behind they Tree Man) and see if they grow, that would be the coolest of all! Then I could give one to Owen. I don't know anything about pumpkins except that they send out a long vine, or vines I don't know..Thats why I'm not putting it in the garden. Well, I gotta go to work now, well I'm at work but I need to cover the lab, bc the "buddy" worked last night. Maybe some day I will bore you all with my work crap, but I'd rather not. So, I guess thats all for now. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow. I'm hoping that the Peonies are still open and its not raining when I get home, I'd like to post them, they are pretty. See ya'll on the flip!

No comments: