Monday, January 14, 2008

Lucky Number 98!

That's the year that I graduated from high school, 1998. Good year I guess. Anyways, I had a pretty uneventful weekend. We didn't go skating but we did go shopping. The one thing that I did do this weekend was got my hair cut. Now, normally this wouldn't even be anything worth mentioning but I got about 9 inches cut off and I am going to donate it. SO here are some pics of that whole thing.


The first one is me in the kitchen, notice the long hair. The second is me in the chair, and then the last one is after he hacked off my hair. I wasn't really scared or anything except when I realized the he didn't really know what he was supposed to do, but my Mom was there and thank God because I might not have any hair left if she wasn't. But its all ok..besides feeling totally naked. I will have her take a pic from the back so that ya'll can see how short it really is. I couldn't get a good one this morning.

I hid this whole event from everyone, and I was hoping for a big reaction from the B/F but he didn't really say anything. I was all "look, I got all my hair cut off" and all he said was "oh, you did" and that was it. What a big let down that was. I was just dying to tell him about it all week but didn't because I thought it would have more of an impact..guess I was wrong. This is the second time that I've got a lot cut off to be donated. The first time it was more like 11 inches.

It is very weird how hair becomes who you are. I had long red hair, you don't see that very often. Growing up I didn't know anyone else that had red hair, I didn't really appreciate it then. Because it made me different. I never hated it or anything. But as I grew older I realized how unique it was and I would get compliments and questions about it, most people wanted to know if it was my real hair color. Which it was. But now its short ( I say short but its shoulder length) and maybe I will keep it that way or let it grow for a few years, who knows. I guess the short hair makes me look younger, let's just say that wasn't really what I was going for. People often think I am a lot younger than I really am so I guess now they will think that I'm A LOT younger, lucky me....

But I also watched some hockey (big surprise) and my MN WILD won, again. Whoo HOo. Tomorrow night there is another "Hockey Unplugged" with one of my favorite guys, maybe I can talk the B/F into going since it's kinda far away. But maybe I will just go alone. I mean it's better than sitting around on my ass. I guess it isn't too far, just 27 miles (one way). I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Welp, I should get to work, happy monday to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you did get a lot cut off!! Good for you. Tom never notices when I get my hair cut either (course mine is usually the same).

I bet you are loving it, and used to it now. Congrats! I bet it looks great.

From a fellow-redhead, I know what you mean about hair, how we are sort of defined by it or something. The style, the color, etc...

Anonymous said...

(p.s. hope you are feeling better!)

Heather said...

Well I was ALWAYS envious of your hair! I wanted to be the redhead. Not the strawberry blond. And now I want to be the younger one....